Project: Watercourse Assessment and Rehabilitation Prioritisation Plan
Client: Sutherland Shire Council 2012-2013
The Watercourse Assessment and Rehabilitation Prioritisation Plan was prepared in 2011/12 for Sutherland Shire Council. The aim of this study was to assess the condition of watercourses within the Sutherland Shire Local Government Area and to develop prioritised rehabilitation actions. Consultation with key stakeholders both within Council and the broader community was an integral part of this study.
The objective of the study is to produce a Watercourse Condition, Prioritisation & Rehabilitation Report and associated maps which:
• identified stakeholders and their stream management issues
• established baseline stream conditions
• undertook an assessment of current stream conditions
• identified the natural assets and problems of streams
• evaluated stream conditions, assets and problems and prioritised their rehabilitation
• developed strategies to undertake the rehabilitation works
The project involved the assessment of around 250km of streams, which were divided into over 1000 reaches, or stream sections.